The following Instructional Services policies and procedures have been established to effectively accommodate faculty, staff, and students at UNCW. All scheduling is handled on a first-come, first-served basis and precedence is given to instruction and workshops taught by UNCW librarians and library staff. Please see below for a complete explanation of scheduling priorities and scheduling guidelines:
- Sessions should be scheduled at least 7 business days in advance.
- Requests for instruction can be made by contacting your liaison librarian or by using the online request form.
- Sessions scheduled in one of the library instruction classrooms should be limited in size to 25 participants due to room capacity. For larger classes, or as agreed upon by the librarian and instructor, sessions may also take place in the teaching faculty's current classroom or classroom building's computer lab (depending on availability).
- Please inform your students that they are expected to be on time and engaged.
- Instructors are expected to attend and be engaged in instruction sessions and are asked to introduce the librarian leading the session.
- All cell phones must be turned off or silenced.
- Cancellation or rescheduling of a session should be done as soon as possible so that the classroom may be open for other sessions.
- Sessions taking place in the library instruction classrooms can only be scheduled when the library is open.
- For information about using one of the library instruction classrooms for purposes other than library or information literacy instruction, or for additional information on the classrooms, please review our policy.
Reviewed September 2023