Welcome to the William Madison Randall Library
We encourage your use of all library materials, facilities, and reference services. Please inquire at the Research Help Desk for assistance in using the Library's resources and services.
North Carolina Community College Students enrolled at institutions that have articulation agreements in place with UNCW, may be issued a borrower's card, valid for one year, upon presentation of a valid community college ID card. The fee for this card is $7.00 but it is waived for students 65 years of age and older.
For our Coastal Carolina Community College partners including faculty, staff and students with valid ID will receive a courtesy card per the Memorandum of Understanding agreement.
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- Audiovisual materials, including DVDs, audiobooks, VHS tapes and Music CDs, circulate for 7 days.
- Other materials, including reference books and periodicals, must be used in the building.
- Community College borrowers may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may check out an unlimited number of U.S. or N.C. documents.
- Community College borrowers may not place holds (i.e. requests for items already checked out).
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan Services
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for laptop, equipment or eReader checkout.
- Community College borrowers are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
Community College borrowers may renew overdue materials online (access My Library Record,) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person but if another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
A/V Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Overdue, Damage, and Replacement Charges
If items are not renewed or returned by the due date, replacement costs will be issued for items that are at least 14 days overdue. The bill will include the replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable overdue fee per item. If items are returned to the Library within two months after a bill has been issued, a waiver of the replacement charge(s) may be requested but the non-refundable fee(s) will not be waived.
Payment of Charges
Payment of Randall Library fines or fees may be made by check, cash (exact change only) or with Visa or MasterCard at the Circulation Desk. Checks should be made out to UNCW. Delinquent debts will be reported to your home institution.
Questions about this policy may be addressed to rlcirculation [at] uncw.edu.