North Carolina Resident Borrowers
North Carolina residents (over 18 years of age and out of high school) may purchase a Borrower's Card, valid for one year, for $25.00 upon presentation of a valid North Carolina driver's license or a valid picture ID along with a document containing a current N.C. address. The $25.00 fee is waived for citizens over 60 years of age.
- Bring your Randall Library Borrower’s Card with you to check out materials.
- NC Resident borrowers may have as many as four (4) items checked out. In addition, you may borrow as many US or NC Government documents as you wish.
- Audiovisual materials may be checked out of the building for seven (7) days.
- Randall Library provides an extensive array of electronic databases, most of which are available to the general public on guest computers or on the guest wireless network in the library. Learn more about how to access guest computers.
- Please remember that borrowing privileges are not transferable with one exception. High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 may be added as an authorized user to an adult parent's or guardian's borrower's card. Learn more about high school student borrowing.
- 28 days for books from the general and juvenile collections and for government documents.
- 21 days for books from the featured new books collection.
- 7 days for audiobooks, DVDs, VHS tapes, and CDs.
- All other items are in building use only.
You may renew materials online (My Library Record,) by phone (910-962-3272), or in-person at the Library Help Desk. If another person has placed a hold (request) on an item, renewal is not permitted.
Media Renewals: Renewals for videos, DVD's, CDs and audiobooks are limited to two (2) per item.
Featured New Books: Renewals for this collection are limited to one (1).
If items are not renewed or returned by the due date replacement costs will be charged for items that are at least 14 days overdue. The bill will include the replacement cost and a $15 non-refundable billing fee per item. If items are returned to the Library within two months after a bill has been issued, a waiver of the replacement charge(s) may be requested but the non-refundable billing fee(s) will not be waived.
Payment of Charges
Payment may be made by check (made out to UNCW), cash (exact change only) or with Visa, Discover, or MasterCard at the Library Help Desk.
NC Resident Borrowers are not eligible to:
- place requests or holds for items.
- request items through UNCW's Interlibrary Borrowing services. Please use your local public library for this service.
- NC Resident borrowers are not eligible for laptop or equipment checkout.
- NC Resident borrowers are not eligible for Reserve material checkout.
Questions about this policy may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed January 2024.