Posted: May 28, 2021
Posted: May 25, 2021
One of Randall Library’s vendors, Ex Libris, will be moving data centers over Memorial Day weekend. From May 29-30, 2021, there will be a system downtime for up to 24 hours. This downtime may affect linking to journal articles from search results in the library website search, Summon, and various databases like ProQuest and EBSCOhost. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you experience issues, please contact us.
Posted: May 07, 2021
Randall Library will be open to current UNCW students, staff, faculty, and community members beginning on May 7 with modified building and service hours.
North Carolina Executive Order 215, effective Friday, May 14, lifted the COVID-19 social distancing and capacity limits and, with a few exceptions, the face coverings requirement. Based on this Executive Order, face coverings will not be required at in Randall Library. Individuals who have not received a COVID-19 vaccination are still encouraged to wear a face covering indoors to protect themselves and others, especially those unable to be vaccinated due to underlying medical conditions or age. See Best for the Nest for more information about masks at UNCW.
Please visit our Remote Library Services page for more information about remote library support for teaching, learning and research, as well as answers to frequently asked questions about services such as returning books, accessing the physical collection, and using our online collections.
- Group study rooms and lounges will be reopening in a phased approach. We expect some group study rooms to be available for reservation soon. Check the reservations page for information.
- Study furniture and technology are being returned to the Learning Commons in a phased approach.
- Pods in the Pelican Gallery and area adjacent to the Digital Makerspace are open for groups.
- Building hours are:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 6:30PM
- Friday, 8:00AM –11:30 AM
- Saturday, Closed
- Sunday, 12:00PM – 6:00PM
- Find hours information for our Research Help Desk and Circulation Desk
- The Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk will be open with limited hours.
- Self-checkout of library materials is encouraged. There will be a self-checkout machine on the first floor, near the Circulation desk.
- Whiteboard markers will not be available for checkout. Instead, there will be a limited supply of markers placed in common areas for use.
- Exterior bookdrops in the parking lot and to the left of the library's main entrance are open.
- The Digital Makerspace will return to full capacity and hours in a phased approach. Please visit https://digitalmakerspace.uncw.edu/
- Archives and Special Collections services are by appointment only, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Please visit https://library.uncw.edu/archives_special
Cleaning & Other Requirements
- Library users can resume eating and drinking throughout the library.
- Housekeeping staff will regularly clean the building, with a focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Library users are encouraged to:
- Wash hands often, for 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Wipe down surfaces before use. Disinfectant wipes will be located throughout the building on top of the recycling sorts and in dispensers affixed to columns on the 1st and 2nd floor.
Posted: May 04, 2021
May 5- 12, 2021: EBSCO ebooks and audiobooks will be undergoing maintenance.
- Users will be able to read ebooks online and download chapters, or read previously downloaded ebooks and audiobooks.
- However, users will not be able to download full ebooks or borrow audiobooks during the maintenance window.
For more information, please see: https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/Upcoming-system-upgrade-for-EBSCO-eBooks-and-Audiobooks?language=en_US
Posted: May 04, 2021
Learn to find and read ebooks available for free through UNCW's library. This will include instruction in setting up and using Adobe Digital Editions to authenticate the download and offline viewing of many ebooks. This workshop will focus on ebooks from Randall Library, but we will also briefly discuss options available through the New Hanover Public Library.
May 12, 10-11am
- Zoom Join URL: https://uncw.zoom.us/j/87010694819?pwd=WVZKZ2hiRHpSK003S3p1Wllod1Qvdz09
- Zoom Meeting ID: 870 1069 4819
- Password: 895940
Posted: May 03, 2021
Welcome to the Recharge @ Randall (Virtual Edition) - May 3, 2021
It's the end of the semester and Randall Library wants to help you RECHARGE! We hope Recharge @ Randall will help you power through the end of this difficult semester. We are offering activities to help you de-stress, take a mental or physical break, and simply have a little fun. There are scheduled activities (see times below) as well as activities you can do any time!
Recharge Grab-N-Go Goodie Bags (11 am, Randall Library, 1st floor)
Get your Recharge Goodie Bag! Goodie bags will include granola bars, fruit snacks, index cards, pencils, erasable highlighters, stickers, summer-inspired temporary tattoos, hand sanitizer, and other goodies. Get your bags while supplies last.
Midday Mindfulness (12:00 pm)
Need a pause from studying? Join Mindful UNCW on Monday, May 3rd, 12:00 pm (noon) for a 10 -15 minutes guided group mindfulness practice.
>>> Mindfulness Zone <<<
Zen Zone (All Day)
This virtual space is a stress-free zone, where you’ll find various activities related to relaxation, de-stressing, self-care, and more. Inside the Zone, you will be able to play games, watch cute animal videos, study with a beautiful study escape, post and share inspirational comments to classmates, or pop virtual bubble wrap, open a virtual fortune cookie, and much more! See a full list of activities below.
Activities: Affirmations & Gratitude | Brain Games | Bubble Wrap | Coloring | Cartoons & Anime | Crafting | Cute Animals | Focused Breathing | Fortune Cookie | De-Stress Tips | Games | Life Hacks | Meditation | Movies | Painting | Stretching | Study Escapes | Study Music | Wall of Inspiration | Whiteboard
>>> Zone Access <<<
The Wall of Inspiration (All Day)
Share the love by posting an inspirational and motivational post to the Wall of Inspiration to encourage and uplift your fellow Seahawks during finals. Faculty and staff are encouraged to post too!
>>> Share & Inspire <<<