Summer Hours and Services
Randall Library will be open to current UNCW students, staff, faculty, and community members beginning on May 7 with modified building and service hours.
North Carolina Executive Order 215, effective Friday, May 14, lifted the COVID-19 social distancing and capacity limits and, with a few exceptions, the face coverings requirement. Based on this Executive Order, face coverings will not be required at in Randall Library. Individuals who have not received a COVID-19 vaccination are still encouraged to wear a face covering indoors to protect themselves and others, especially those unable to be vaccinated due to underlying medical conditions or age. See Best for the Nest for more information about masks at UNCW.
Please visit our Remote Library Services page for more information about remote library support for teaching, learning and research, as well as answers to frequently asked questions about services such as returning books, accessing the physical collection, and using our online collections.
- Group study rooms and lounges will be reopening in a phased approach. We expect some group study rooms to be available for reservation soon. Check the reservations page for information.
- Study furniture and technology are being returned to the Learning Commons in a phased approach.
- Pods in the Pelican Gallery and area adjacent to the Digital Makerspace are open for groups.
- Building hours are:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 6:30PM
- Friday, 8:00AM –11:30 AM
- Saturday, Closed
- Sunday, 12:00PM – 6:00PM
- Find hours information for our Research Help Desk and Circulation Desk
- The Circulation Desk and Research Help Desk will be open with limited hours.
- Self-checkout of library materials is encouraged. There will be a self-checkout machine on the first floor, near the Circulation desk.
- Whiteboard markers will not be available for checkout. Instead, there will be a limited supply of markers placed in common areas for use.
- Exterior bookdrops in the parking lot and to the left of the library's main entrance are open.
- The Digital Makerspace will return to full capacity and hours in a phased approach. Please visit https://digitalmakerspace.uncw.edu/
- Archives and Special Collections services are by appointment only, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Please visit https://library.uncw.edu/archives_special
Cleaning & Other Requirements
- Library users can resume eating and drinking throughout the library.
- Housekeeping staff will regularly clean the building, with a focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Library users are encouraged to:
- Wash hands often, for 20 seconds, with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Wipe down surfaces before use. Disinfectant wipes will be located throughout the building on top of the recycling sorts and in dispensers affixed to columns on the 1st and 2nd floor.